Friday, February 24, 2012

Blonde's First Time...With A Gun!



I had always wanted to go to the gun range and learn how to fire a gun, so I finally decided to make this dream a reality.  I also decided to have a little fun with it and dress for the occasion, so I wore some dark jeans, black leather boots, and a black shirt, to put me in the mood of being the “blonde with a gun”.  During the safety orientation, the instructor asked me if I had “had ever fired anything before”.  I paused for a moment, and then with a grin, said “only people…?”.  We had a good laugh and then got down to business.

I was curious to find out if you could only shoot at the paper targets they typically supply at the range.  I was surprised to hear that you could actually bring almost anything you wanted to shoot and destroy to the gun range.  People have brought in things like watermelons, or old TVs, VCRs and even cell phones.  The only condition is that you have to clean up your own mess afterwards, of course.  I think I have an old phone lying around somewhere that gave me a lot of “technical difficulties”, I may just consider bringing that in next time.

I will never forget that day.  I was grinning from ear to ear, and I think that smile stayed with me all day.  It can be so exciting and fun when you experience something new for the very first time, especially when it is something that you have always wanted to do.  Don’t delay, why not plan an adventure from your “to-do one day list” today.




No comments:

Post a Comment