Saturday, March 03, 2012

My First Time...As An Extra (Heartland)




When I was young, I remember watching TV and wondering what it would be like to be an actress.  Needless to say, I was thrilled when I recently got the opportunity to be an extra on the TV show, “Heartland”.

It was a lot of fun, waking up early, getting dressed up in Western wear, and heading out before sunrise to the film set in the picturesque Alberta countryside.  The two days were being shot on the same set where many other productions have been filmed, including “September Dawn” with Jon Voight, and ABC’s recent mini-series remake of “Little House On The Prairie”.  Not only was it interesting to watch the director, film crew and actors hard at work, I also truly gained a proper perspective of how much work and effort goes in to producing just a few moments of television and into getting everything just right.  I met so many wonderful and talented people those two days I spent on set, and also had some great laughs.  The cast and crew were so easy going and friendly, they made the experience one I won’t soon forget.  

The episode of Heartland I was fortunate enough to be a very small part will be airing on Sunday, March 4, 2012 on CBC, and I will be watching and remembering this great and unique experience.  Thank you, Heartland, for the opportunity to make yet another “to-do one day” dream come true for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment