Monday, March 12, 2012

Hawaii & Drinks With The Secret Service Agent




Travelling alone shouldn’t be viewed as a bad thing at all.   Being by yourself in a foreign city or country can open up so many unique opportunities and situations that would likely never present themselves if you were on vacation with another person or a group of people.  Most importantly, you should not be missing out on traveling, and staying home, thinking that you can’t take a trip because you “have no one to go with”.  You have yourself!  If you are letting time pass by and not traveling because you want to wait until you have “someone to travel with”, you will be missing out on seeing the world and experiencing some great adventures until that happens.  And one of the biggest bonuses of traveling by yourself, is that all the memories from the trip will be of you and the things that you experienced, and those memories won’t be associated with anyone else.

I think that traveling is one of the best ways to learn not only more about the world and other cultures, but also to learn more about yourself.  I believe it truly gives you a better perspective of who you are, and about your place in the universe.  I have had so many pivotal moments of self-reflection on vacation, and have always come back home rejuvenated and inspired.  I have traveled a lot by myself, and always seem to meet the nicest and most fascinating people, many of whom I am still in touch with today.  On a recent trip to Hawaii, I ended up meeting a United States Government Secret Service Agent who was there protecting President Barrack Obama and The First Family!  The stories he shared with me about his job, working at the White House, and traveling around the world with the President were so intriguing!  I would have missed out on so many great experiences like this if I stayed home and didn’t travel because I “had no one to go with”.  Don’t delay, start traveling (even if you are alone) today!  You never know who you will meet or what will happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment